Thursday, January 05, 2006

shrivelled huevos

So I've been spouting on about how I am going to pack in my job in january, as soon as I've got my christmas bonus. But how bad is that to take the cheque, then say toodlepip? If I was working at Asda, It wouldnt be so bad. I just feel such an odd sense of responsibility that I have lacked in the past.

I know that if I go, it's going to mean that someone I care about, well, their workload will double! And as much as the people I work with are odd ducks, I wouldn't wish that on them.

So what to do? My brother-in-law-in-law has no advanced education, but yet selling paint earns him more than double my salary. I am so envious of people who make more money doing less work. He makes 8% commission anytime someone orders paint in his territory. He doesnt even have to leave the house 3 days a week to make better money than me.

I keep telling myself that this is a flukey situation, and rare, but it still irks me that I am not operating at full torque.

so, my news years resolution is to quit my job before january 31st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home