Monday, November 07, 2005

more things I miss

I was thinking today about more things I miss. I was reminded about Oakengates market in a previous post, and it got me thinking about Saturdays. Mostly about the TV on Saturdays.

here is a list of some classic Saturday shows, that would only work on Saturdays.

Wrestling
The Munsters Today
Seaquest DSV
Thunder in Paradise
The racoons
Big Break
Blind Date
Noels house party
Tarrant on TV
Top Banana
Trans world sport (if you're up early enough, mind)

Just now I realised how sad I was to be scrambling for the past. But not just the past, bad tv that i enjoyed of the past! I have a feeling I'm going to be a very grumpy old man.

Here is a conversation I WILL have with a son or daughter

me: "what's this shit on the Telly?"

Kid: "dance dance revolution: the next generation"

me: "is this in a bloody arcade?"

Kid: "yeah its brilliant"

me: "in my day we had catchprase. You wouldn't see Mister Chips making a twat of himself like that"


If anyone remembers this TV show, I would be eternally grateful. Roy walkers son hosted it, and it maybe lasted for 2 series. people played computer games, like directing a cat burglar up ladders robbing people, if my memory serves me correctly. Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home