Monday, January 30, 2006

giz a fuckin tab

I could have sworn I just heard someone say that when they walked past me in the street. Couldn't have been.

I just got weirdly homesick. I was in the bath enjoying a Newcastle brown ale, when I started wondering why the bottles they stick in the multipacks over here are piss sized. I.E Not massive bottles like back in dear blighty. Then I looked at the label and noticed how proud they are that this is imported all the way from England.

This got me thinking, should I be enjoying this beverage? Given that they make the mini bottles and labels for export only, is some cheeky geordie having a crafty hand shandy in my booze because he knows this booze is off in pissy little girl bottles to be enjoyed by Americans?

Scary thought. and no, you can't get hobsons here. If you want a bitter, its boddingtons or nothing!

2 Comments:

Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

Brew your own.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howay ya got me bottle o' dog then man? I jus' hoyed in some of me man-juice I made while thinkin' of Spuggy in a short Magpies shirt dancin' away to 'Crocodile Shoes' in tha Bigg Market like a right game lass.

Auf wiedersehen...

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home