Monday, April 03, 2006

Ikea

I always get excited to go to Ikea, because it is a big place with lots of nice looking furniture. However, it's always packed with people who dont know where they are going. and students.

Also, I own 2 major pieces of furniture that came from Ikea. My computer desk, and my dining room table. Can I sit on a chair cross legged at these tables? Can I buggery.

I thought Swedes were all enormous? I'd like to see An enormous blonde try and cross their legs under one of these monstrosities.

Does anyone remember when it was uncool to get your furniture from MFI, 'cos it was all flatpacked? So how does Ikea get off with that one?

I think the head honchos at MFI sat down and said "listen guys, we just aren't cool, our sales have plummeted, what can we do to get back to business?"
"I know, Europe is cool right now, lets just pretend to be Swedish, and re-badge everything with silly names like 'korbish' and 'shvidki' ! " "capital idea Barry, lets roll"

3 Comments:

Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

Y'know I've never been to Ikea in my life.

Been to MFI twice.

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the misfortune of visiting Ikea once. I hated every second. It was paced with people who have more money than sense. I wondered round aimlessly for 45 mins then had to leave. I spent more time trying to get off the car park.
Some of there stuff I like, its just, if you think about it every body is filling there home with the same stuff. Be individual. Steve, maybe Vikings just didn’t cross there legs. Buy bigger furniture maybe?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

we go there cos it's dirt cheap!!

We got a computer table for 40 dollars, thats like 25 quid! we couldnt get one second hand for that.

bookshelf was about 6 quid.

I suppose you get what you pay for. yes it only cost me 25 quid, but I cant cross my legs under it.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home