Saturday, February 11, 2006

Viz

When my copy of Viz plops on the doormat, I feel my connection to the sceptered isle strengthen a little bit. I feel this partly because no one here gets it, at all! It's my own little private, dirty joke

This months issue there was a made up letters page dedicated to the painting that Rolf Harris did of the queen. I had no idea he'd even taken up such a daunting task. But after reading the article, I'd picked up all the nations consensus on the painting, plus it made me laugh.

Here are some of the abridged comments.

"The painting was good, I'm just disapointed that he didn't sign the corner with a rolfaroo. That's my favourite part of all of his paintings"

"the queen must have bigger boobs than that. He should have consulted someone who's seen them, like Prince Phillip or that man that broke into the palace and sat on her bed"

"maybe Rolf Harris got the mouth perfectly, its just everyone else who's ever took a picture or painted her that's got it wrong"

"If Rolf wasn't confident painting her mouth, he should have painted her reading a newspaper, so that you could only see her from the nose up"

You should all go out and buy a copy, and then read the letters page, and report back how you fell about laughing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Rich said...

How dare they mock our lord Rolf.
Even if it was a bloody awful picture.
I'm outraged. I'm off to Find me a Danish embassy to burn.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home