Tuesday, June 06, 2006

sadie lane: Redux

Looks like the furry footwarmer needs to be dog sat again!

The wedding present we bought for my sister-in-law, who the dog belongs to, was a rug for the kitchen. We found out that Sadie has eaten the rug. Or at least parts of the rug.

I have to agree with the dog on this one, a sage green rug just wasn't doing it for me.

And no jokes about me dog sitting for a carpet munching dog.

The work situation is escalating. The only joy I get is when people chat to me about the world cup. The post man, Carlos, tried to argue with me saying that there was civil unrest in Trinidad and Tobago. I kept telling him it was the Ivory coast, or wherever, but he wasn't having it.
Also a lady came in who told me that she was actually going to the world cup. She works in the marketing department for Yahoo! She kept asking if I saw any of the "Wafer" cup games. I think she meant UEFA cup.

Smile and nod, steve, smile and nod.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I can't believe England have to play two teams at once man, Trinidad AND Tobago.

I love it when (old) folks can't keep up with team names, "I think Czechoslovakia have a good chance this year", "really? Even though they've not existed for 13 years... interesting!".

It's worse in cricket though, with all the 'colonies', I swear during the cricket world cup, I read a Times piece about a match between Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe that actually referred to it as "Ceylon versus Rhodesia", in 2003?!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nod and smile? nah...
Point and laugh man!!
Dude! I like so love Soccer!!! Wooo hell ya!!

I heard that Waffer cup was very thin....

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home