Friday, March 28, 2008

Adventures in Professional Sporting Events.

At the request of Stav, I decided to have a little blog in between periods of hockey.

I managed to see the San Jose sharks twice this month! I got to seem them hammer St. Louis, and pull off a dramatic Over time win against Dallas last night. One of the new guys at my work is a huge hockey fan, so we got tickets and cruised on down to the shark tank.

Last friday we got given tickets to see the Golden State Warriors play the Houston Rockets. Whilst I'm not a big basketball fan, I had an awesome time. We had great seats! Mandy teaches one of the assitant coaches for the warriors kid so he got us great seats.

Infact, tonight I had tickets for the a preason game between The giants and the A's, but we decided to give it a miss. The giants suck this year. That reminds me, how are Telford getting on I wonder?

Did you see this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge3QkBghNLE
I'm making a bunch of these to sell. I had a friend design me some ZX Spectrum themed graphics for the casing. Although, Spectrums never hit the states, so I'm not sure why I decided to go with that motif.

Also, I managed to fix this awesome vintage synthesizer a friend bought on ebay that didnt work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jM5TEIyU3k


What else has happened? I was in a band for a while called the Atomic Love Bombs. We played a couple of shows, but I wasn't a good fit for the band. Plus some of the guys were really not great musicians, but they had the money to fund their hobby.

Mandy started painting again, and I really want one of these for my birthday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFwVC47pOig&feature=related

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool, does it have a rhumba setting on auto-beat? casiotone baby. the hockey sounds good, better than Telford at the moment (slipping down the table, should still make the playoffs though). I heard that San Jose is getting it's MLS team back, is this true?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Stav, yes the earthquakes are coming back! Seems a bit daft to lose them for a season and then get them back. But that's the way the money works here. I might even go to a game and throw something at Beckham.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forza Earthquakes! Has the Beckham shit made much difference over there? I think its for keep this time not a "new age" of US soccer a la Pelé/Cruyff/Best/NY Cosmos/LA Aztecs? MLS seems quite well run these days (San Jose indecisiveness notwithstanding). Mind you, I really did think one of the franchises would throw nuff dollars at Zinedine to come out of retirement.

As for ice hockey... Go Rangers!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

the beckham signing did make a difference, but only for the first game. After that, if you're not scoring, or you get injured, that's it! People lose interest.

I dont think half of America realised that beckham isnt a major producer of goals. He assists a lot, but doesnt score all that often.

Football is never going to be treated the same as the other major sports. Even hockey is seen as a minority sport for Canadians and Europeans.

A lot of people put their kids in football leagues now though. Its good exercise, non contact, and people like that.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home