Sunday, March 30, 2008

A few more things

I hate my accounting course. I cant wait to get back to things that matter. Such as, well, not learning anything! I really only enjoy learning when it's connected to a hobby. Something that I want to do as an amateur.

Professionalism has never really been my forte. I am starting to wonder what I am good at. This is almost certainly the beginning of an early midlife crisis.

Here is a list of things I am bad at:

Sports - All of them. As much as I want to be athletic, I just dont have it

Maths - I am shuddering at the thought of having maths be such a large part of my everyday
life. My father in law laughed whent I told him I couldnt do long division. I realy can't

Playing guitar - If I played a song and someone said, that sounds good, how long have you been playing? If I told them the real length of time I had actually been playing, I think they might just laugh out loud.

Driving - I am a terrible driver. Whilst I always use my mirrors, never stall, am always under the speed limit, I have awful aggresion when I get behind the wheel. I want to punish everyone else's mistakes. I think this comes from years of being a Yugo passenger.

Blogging - Lazy, workshy, Blogger. That's me.

Good things

Procrastinating - Seriously. If this was an Olympic sport, I'd be on a cereal box in China.

Laundry - I am on top of the laundry. WORD.

Taking a bath - Can you be good at bathing? I think I am.

Now if I could find employment that harnessed my skills, I think I might be on to something.

2 Comments:

Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

I can certainly empathise with the Maths thing (good to see the 's' is still there too mate!). I was always shit at maths at school, I sat in a 'special' group with Esther, Jo Bell and others I can't quite remember - us maths thicko's sat around a table right in the middle of the 'Learning Base' whatever it was. Mrs Rose was the teacher - it was the blind leading the blind.

I got a D.

I tried to re-sit it at new college, it was a Wednesday night which was incidentally the same night as the Kings Head quiz night, I lasted about 4 weeks!

I still cant do fractions or basic multiplication, much the amusement of the Mother and Stavros, both of whom work at Accountants!

11:04 AM  
Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

p.s. you're also pretty bad at updating this 'ere blog. Are you still alive?

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home