Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My 2008 in Music

So I dont think I bought 10 albums from 2008 that were released in 2008! I may have not even bought 10 albums for the first year since I turned 15. The reason? Drama, Drama, Drama!!

Here is an abridged list of what we did musically in 2008

1) The Avett Brothers - The Gleam II
We were lucky enough to get to see this band a 4 times this year. If they come by your way, you should go, and then you will know why we saw them 4 times this year. Back in April I gave them a guitar pedal I had made. I didnt really think any more about it. Then when I saw them in August and saw the pedal sitting on the stage I was rather surprised! According to their road tech, Dane, they had used it every night since I had given it to them And it still works!!!!!!

Murder in the City



2) The Everybodyfields

Whilst they didnt release an album this year, they did let this little gem sneak out.

Worth Keeping



3) Jessica Lea Mayfield - With Blasphemy So Heartfelt

It really embarasses me when people a lot younger than me are 10 times better than I am at song writing. Perhaps my news years resolution should include improve my song writing as well as start "Hall & Oates: House of Chowder franchise"

We've Never Lied



4) Langhorne Slim - s/t

Despite being only a three piece, these guys sound huge!!!

Restless



5) The Incredible Vickers Brothers - Galimaufry

A friend of mine has being playing in bands for a few years with the chap behind this album, but there isnt too much on the net about them.

http://www.myspace.com/incrediblevickersbrothers

Check out the song: "Blues for Frankie"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home