Sunday, September 07, 2008

We bid a teary farewell

The family pooch, Emma Sue, is sadly succumbing to kidney failure.

As you can imagine with the loss of a much loved one, the mood is very somber.

I wanted to post my feelings, about Emma and although you never knew her, you would have loved her.

Emma kept me company when I first moved out here. I had a period of about three months after I arrived that I couldn't yet work. She would accompany me into the garden for my afternoon snooze. She would also sit on the steps of the hot tub and keep watch on the entire back garden, whilst I bathed in said hot tub and read a book. I remember on another occasion someone said something really funny. I couldn't stop laughing. Emma, curious to know what was wrong with me, jumped on the setee, and sat on my chest. She sniffed my face as if it would give her a clue as to what was wrong with me. Then she wouldn't get off of me. I think she figured I must have been having some kind seizure, and that the weight of her hefty rump would somehow calm my nerves, but yet also satisfy her desire to be the top dog by keeping a brother down.

3 things about Emma

1) Emma has better table manners than my Father-In-Law

2) Emma is far more patient than I will ever be

3) Emma's favourite food is whatever you happen to be eating.

I am not even joking about point one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home