Friday, November 14, 2008

The System

We finally have a place to live.

We moved in on Saturday 8th November. And everything has gone swimmingly! Only two breakages! sadly they were Mandy's favourite juice glasses. I can only hope that one day we manage to replace them.

R.I.P - Juicy one and Juicy two.

The move went just fine, but we have had some telecommunication issues. It's almost like we are being told we should drop off the grid.

The phone company wasnt sure if they could provide us with DSL internet. They said they would have to send a technician out to test the line. Then the technician didnt put his notes into "The System" so we had to wait. Then when the technician did put his notes into "The System" they said it would be about a week before the order could be processed and we could be online. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I know I sound like I am expecting everything now, but aren't we in the golden age of communication? How the flip does it take two weeks to get internet service? It's not like the Littlewoods catalogue. I shouldn't expect 28 days for delivery.

But my problems with "The System" continue. Next up is the cable company.
I get a coupon in the mail that promises me Digital cable, $33 a month for 12 months. I call up and request this and the cable company tells me that the previous tennants havent paid their bill yet, and if I want service, I will have to drive 30 minutes to their store, bring my rental agreement to prove I am the new tennant.
Sadly Americans don't know the meaning of the word "Cobblers", a word which is often my first reaction to a bullshit statement like the above.
I next ask if I come in and jump through the hoops which dont happen to be my problem whether I will hapen to be allowed the $33 a month deal.

Guess what! Nope! Not available in my neighborhood. I probably called 15 times about all of this. Thinking that maybe I could out smart these cats. But I can't. So guess what? No cable yet!

I call the other local cable company (Yes, we are lucky enough to have two) and they tell me that my address doesnt exist. It's not showing up in "The System". They will have to send a technician out and check. Probably going to take about a week to get a technician out. Once he puts his notes into "The System", it's probably going to be about another week before we can have anything installed.

Next up on the list of reasons why I am being forced to be cut off from society is my mobile phone. I cant get a signal in my house. Rather, I can, the little bars are all there, but I cant take or make a call. My wife can, same phone, same network, same house. Sitting next to each other! I call the phone company. They check "The System". About a week? Yep!

Our brand new cordless phone doesn't work either! Although, they were nice about it. They didn't even have to check "The System"!

Are you getting the impression that I should drop off the grid? Get out of "The System"? I am!

Whatever "The System" is, I dont like it. No Sir.

The house is awesome. I would say pictures to follow, but I always say that and never manage to take any pictures. I think it might be something to do with "The System"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news mate, pleased for you. The new gaff I mean, not that "The System" obviously hates you. Breakages are par for the course when moving. Mine was my big toe when pissing about with the catch that held up the ladder. errm ouch!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home