Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is the new year

I resolve to be the best person I can be.

I have already fudged this up. As I write this I am on my work's time. So if I were being the best person I could be, I'd be hard at it. Nose to the grindstone, and I'd do this when I got home.

As it is I am almost being the best person I can be. It's a start!

I decided to pull my finger out and finish up some electronics projects. And I did! and I have more to come. That's all part of my action plan to be a better person. I have previously promised a lot of projects to a lot of people and yet I always seem to forget/something eats the project/I run out of time/get made homeless etc. This year is different! so if I promised you something, remind me of that.

I read in another blog somewhere that from the time we are born we make these synapsial connections in the brain that guide what we do. Every time we repeat a specific task these connection form bonds that tell us something. Unfortunately the same theory is true of negative thinking. If you think doom and gloom all the time your brain makes the connections and rather than these thoughts being random, they get to become the way you are hardwired to deal with situations.

This has affected me in a number of ways:
I dont like to order food over the phone
I dont like to drive long distances
I'm very lazy

Part of being the best person I can be this year involves a little re-wiring. Both on the work bench and in my head. Hopefully all the years of not feeling good enough or not feeling like I am producing a high standard of work (or effectively ordering take away food) can be undone with a little positive thinking.

My inspiration is this guy: [url]http://45daystoanewme.blogspot.com/[url/] he has suffered from depression for most of his adult life and I have been privvy to some of the end results of his state of mind through various blogs and message boards. Reading the above blog has inspired me to 'Get Confident' also. Just seeing what a difference I can see that it has made in his life has charged me up. Not that I have depression, but I do have a history of lazyness and negative thought patterns.

Say it with me:

I WANT TO CHANGE!!
(i really do)


3 Comments:

Blogger stavros said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a good egg, improve but don't change too much.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Thanks Stav!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home