Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blog-sploitation

I type this blog to you with many hopes. The first being, I hope you aren't stalking me. Because that would be creepy, and weird. The second hope is that you are taking full advantage of your blog to deal with your complex emotional state.

As many of you know, I am a massive hockey fan, and particularly fond of the San Jose Sharks. I remind you of this because the Sharks just got dumped out of the playoff's in the first round. My complex emotional state has rendered me almost mute on the subject. I am a little lost for words, which isnt like me at all.

I have been reduced to arguing with strangers on the internet about issues that I cant change. As we all know, arguing on the internet is tantamount to Graffiti. Sure, the world can see my creative viewpoint, but by the same token does anybody really care? Has anyone been swayed by my timbre? Does anyone feel that my works of 'art' are essential, or are they more likely inner-city noise?

Hypothetical questions aside, my opinions are swimming against a teal tide. And I hate that.
I want to be heard! I want to preach from the top of HP Pavilion! I want to stand arm to arm with my fellow fans and unite against bad journalism and reactionary fans.

What is more likely to happen is I will cry about it here, and continue to hold on to my blog like a security blanket, because this is my happy place, and I need my happy place.

Anyway! I have more hopes! Three, I hope that I can finish all of the pedals I have promised to people.
Last year I gave a pedal to one of my favourite bands, The Avett Brothers. Unbeknown to me, they actually used it the following night! and then every other night on the tour. When I found out, I was shocked. I didnt think that a band as big as them would be interested in using my stuff.
What came as more of a shock was that people who have toured with The Avett Brothers have contacted me and asked me to make them a fuzz pedal! Scott Avett was so happy, he told all his friends.

This certainly balances my sports related sadness.

So I'm trying to get more legit. I am trying to follow up all of the positives in my January bloggings by having more of a company ID, and being more proactive in finishing my pedals and selling them locally. To the point that I have had a new company logo designed! Even though I dont make any money off my pedals, my fourth hope is to make some money off my pedals!

My fifth hope is that I continue to hope. If I stop hoping for things to be better, is there any hope at all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home